- By liking and sharing the Campaign for Safer Births Facebook page you can keep in touch with the campaign and help to build awareness
- You could join your local Maternity Voices Partnership to have your say on maternity services locally – particularity for the safest care possible
- You could also write to the people below raising your concerns of the high stillbirth rate in the UK and of poor staffing in maternity services and particularly on labour wards:
– Rt Hon Matt Hancock MP, Dept of Health at Richmond House, 79 Whitehall, SW1A 2NS or firstname.lastname@example.org
– Simon Stevens, Chief Executive, NHS England, Skipton House, 80 London Road, London, SE1 6LH
– Professor Stephen Powis, National Medical Director, NHS England, Quarry House, Quarry Hill, Leeds, LS2 7UE
– Your local MP
- Check if your local hospital is meeting the recommended hours of Consultant cover on labour ward.
Recommended levels (by size of unit) are on page 34 of Safer Childbirth.
Many hospitals are sadly not meeting the minimum recommended level.
If your local hospital is one of them please contact them to ask why. You could also contact your local MP or local paper to raise the issue.
- You could also contact your local Clinical Commissioning Group (look them up on the internet) to ask what they are doing to ensure your local maternity services are safe and well run
Thank you for your support